The Yellowstone course is one of only three races in the Vacation races series run on a trail course. There is one longer, and one shorter climb, and all takes place at an average 6,800 feet above sea level, close to Yellowstone National Park. It is a challenging course, while also one that will inspire your senses as you run through historic forests, as well as cross over and run alongside the South Fork Madison River. It is a great trail race! Our customized activacuity® app provides a training program for your mind to get you race ready and prepared for your best race experience at Yellowstone. You can be just like the elites, and imagine yourself having your best race experience at Yellowstone ahead of race day.
Our unique category creator app will empower a positive attitude to deal with the common mental traps that runners can fall into ahead of a race:
- Nerves – strategies that result in galvanizing your race performance and give you a positive race experience, rather than be paralyzed with performance limiting anxiety
- How to relax running at altitude – a key session using a powerful technique to enable you to run at the appropriate intensity at altitude
- Goals – how to set flexible goals and reduce mental pressure
- Joy – how to connect with the joy you feel as a runner
- Visualization – every elite level runner rehearses their race beforehand. We teach you what the elites pay 00’s of $ to sports psychologists to learn, all in a user friendly, affordable, convenient app for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
activacuity™ for enhanced focus, confidence, experience and performance for all athletes
What our athletes say about activacuity®!
Melody Fairchild – 2017 US National Masters XC champion
In a world full of meaningless gadgets and games to distract us from our inner-awareness, the activacuity® app is a needed guide to harnessing our untapped potential. Commit to taking the steps contained in the activacuity® app, and you will discover your path to success by paying close attention within.
Sage Canaday – 2 time US Olympic Trials Qualifier & 2014 World Long Distance Mountain Running Challenge Champion
When competing at the highest level, the difference between winning or setting a personal best is often a matter of having the mental training and discipline to bring the best from the body. activacuity® teaches and guides athletes on how to extract this competitive edge.
Melissa Roberts – trail runner, Colorado
Listening to activacuity® is like a vitamin for my running; it relaxes me, it fortifies me, and it prepares me to run as my best self. It clears the mental cobwebs, so that when I start a run, I am immediately focused on my enjoyment of running, and I’m not wasting energy trying to get there. I’m already there, I’m prepared, I’m relaxed, I’m a champion…
Register for Yellowstone mental training app
Then go to the App Store, download and install the activacuity app. Select first time registration, add all your user details, use your e-mail address as your username, and the same password you created during the registration process, and you are all set! If you do forget your password, just use the forgot password button – you will then receive a temporary password that you can use to reset a new password, and access the app.
Using the exclusive Yellowstone mental training app
Once you have registered for the activacuity® app for Yellowstone, when you open the app the screen will appear like the screenshot to the left.The extensive library of activacuity™ audio sessions is divided into segments – each segment is centered on a specific aspect that sports psychologists, combined with our own research and experience, has been shown to be the most critical areas for mental preparation for athletes. Each segment contains a number of programs that center on a specific topic related to the segment subject. Each program then splits into individual sessions – each session is between 10 and 15 minutes long.
The segments covered are:
- Positive Imagery
- Creating Intentions
The segment specific for the Yellowstone half marathon contains the following programs:
- Altitude – how to deal with the altitude at Yellowstone if you are coming from lower elevations
- Goal setting – how to set flexible goals
- Nerves – how to harness your nervous energy in a positive way
- Your race – how to visualize your best race experience at Yellowstone
If you have any questions on this customized version of activacuity®, please reach out to us using our contact page.