The POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT serves a worldwide community of runners and supporters focused on positive running. The POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT delivers the following services for runners:
- A free bi-weekly newsletter that gives runners a regular dose of positive tips, techniques, as well as inspirational positive running stories
- Special offers for services and products that enable a positive focus for runners
- Positive race workshops at selected races
- Schedule personal sessions with POSITIVE RUNNING COACHES to learn to clear negativity and enhance your positive running
- Share your POSITIVE RUNNING moments with us by tagging your photos with #positiverunningmovement
- Share your POSITIVE RUNNING images on our Facebook page
- Encourage your favorite races to become RACE SUPPORTERS of the POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT
- See which CORPORATE SUPPORTERS have partnered with the POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT
Our free bi-weekly newsletter give runners access to a regular dose of positive, as well as special offers to enhance your running experience and enjoy a positive life. Deciding to adopt positive patterns of thinking makes available to us the opportunity to be the highest version of ourselves that we can be. In his excellent book, Embracing Your Potential, Terry Orlick talks about the importance of learning to develop and live by a positive attitude and focus. “Positive perspectives open possibilities, create positive energy, and give us greater control over our lives. Negative perspectives impose barriers, drain energy, and take the joy from our pursuits. Only by staying tuned to positive channels can we free ourselves to embrace our potential” (p. 45)
The POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT is a natural evolution from my experience as a coach, the lessons learned from the hundreds of athletes attending our training camps at Active at Altitude, combined with the exciting development of the first guided imagery app for athletes, activacuity . A positive attitude makes a huge difference to every athlete’s ability to set challenges, focus, commit to programs, levels of confidence and self esteem, and competitive experiences. activacuity was developed with a key goal of enabling positive thinking for athletes of every age and ability level.
There are many examples of negative thinking and behavior in our culture that make it easy to slip into parallel negative attitudes. We owe it to ourselves to take responsibility for our own thoughts and behavior, and to be engaged ambassadors for the POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT . With a positive attitude and positive focus, we can achieve almost anything. Finding the positives in ourselves, and others, can make a real difference to our world, and enable us to have better relationships, see opportunities where our blinkers didn’t allow us to see any, and allow us to connect fully with nature and this amazing planet that we call home.
Below are the core principles for positive running:
- Positive self – take steps to amplify your natural positives and minimize negative self talk – our activacuity app gives you all the resources you need
- Positive realtionships – be respectful, friendly and inclusive to all people and athletes, regardless of of gender, age, ethnicity, religious belief, disability or sexual preference.
Create an intention to notice, embrace, and encourage the positives in your friends, team mates, and competitors – our activacuity app includes many sessions that cover this
- Constructive evaluation – look for the positive aspects and target areas for improvement in yourself, your performance, your environment and your experiences
- Positive health – eat and drink healthily, train your body with respect, get plenty of sleep, and adopt a zero tolerance for PED usage – consider taking the Clean Sport Collective pledge to run clean.
- Gratitude – be grateful for all that you have, and create opportunities to encourage other athletes to support positive perspectives
- Sustainable environment – adopt a policy of zero waste, on trail or road. Consider supporting or volunteering for an outdoor ethics program like Leave No Trace, trail maintenance / rebuilding, and run or volunteer for races that have a sustainability policy
- Sustainable community – support initiatives for young people that encourage positive running and a positive active lifestyle – for each activacuity annual subscription purchased, we will give an annual subscription to a high school athlete
- Joy – remember your why, and decide to live a passionate, active life
- Play – play is a natural way to explore your limits, try new things, and understand that curiosity is a great way to learn and set new challenges
- Acceptance – accept that you cannot change where you are now – what you can change is your attitude and your intention to move forward with patience and respect